Progressive is a well-known insurance company in the United States that offers various types of insurance policies, including motorcycle insurance. As a motorcycle rider, it’s important to have adequate insurance coverage to protect yourself and your bike in case of an accident.
Progressive’s motorcycle insurance policies typically include coverage for bodily injury and property damage liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist, and medical payments. They also offer optional coverage for accessories, custom parts, and equipment.
Coverage Options Available Under Progressive Motorcycle Insurance
Progressive’s motorcycle insurance offers standard coverage options which include the following:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability insurance: this covers the cost of any damage or injury you may cause to another person or their property while riding your motorcycle. This coverage typically pays for the other person’s medical bills and property damage, up to the limits of your policy.
- Collision insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle in case of an accident
- Comprehensive insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle in case of theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance covers the cost of damages and injuries if you’re in an accident with another driver who doesn’t have enough insurance or no insurance at all.
- Medical payments coverage can help pay for any medical expenses that you may incur due to a motorcycle accident.
Progressive Motorcycle insurance also offers the following unique coverage options
- Optional coverage: this provides coverage for accessories, custom parts, and equipment. This type of coverage provides protection for any modifications, aftermarket parts or upgrades that you make to your motorcycle.
- Roadside assistance: this coverage can also be added to your policy, which can be helpful in case of a breakdown or emergency while on the road.
- Total Loss Coverage: One of the unique features of Progressive’s motorcycle insurance is their “Total Loss Coverage” program, which can provide additional coverage for motorcycles that are declared a total loss due to an accident or theft. If your motorcycle is declared a total loss, this coverage can help you get a replacement motorcycle without worrying about depreciation or other out-of-pocket expenses.If your motorcycle is less than one year old, Progressive will pay the full purchase price of a brand new motorcycle, with no deduction for depreciation. If your motorcycle is more than one year old, you will receive the actual cash value of the motorcycle, but you can choose to receive an additional 25% of the actual cash value to use as a down payment on a new motorcycle.
Discount offers at Progressive Motorcycle Insurance
Progressive also offers a range of discounts for motorcycle insurance which includes the following:
- Safe Driver Discount: If you have a clean driving record, you may be eligible for a safe driver discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount: If you have another insurance policy with Progressive, such as auto or home insurance, you may be eligible for a multiple policy discount.
- Pay in Full Discount: If you pay your entire premium upfront, you may be eligible for a discount and be able to save money on your motorcycle insurance.
- Motorcycle Safety Course Discount: If you have completed an approved motorcycle safety course, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Homeowner Discount: If you own a home, you may be eligible for a homeowner discount.
The Name Your Price Tool
Progressive’s “Name Your Price” tool allows you to customize your coverage options based on your budget. With this tool, you can choose the coverage options that you need and adjust your deductible to get a policy that fits within your budget.
Getting a Quote
If you’re interested in getting a motorcycle insurance policy with Progressive, you can get a quote online or by contacting their customer service team. To get a quote online, simply visit Progressive’s website and enter some basic information about yourself.